Saturday, December 3, 2011

WHITE BALANCE IN CAMERA

Vimal, as I mentioned I will explore the morning portrait, after viewing Krishna's portrait by u in the morning light with White Balance set on Cloudy.....However, u may hv taken at around 8 a.m., but I took, my grand-son, Vishesh,s portrait, with same setting at around 9.30 a.m. and found out that the yellow persists in 'Cloudy' WB...as I felt and elaborated in www.selfupp.blogspot.com, the yellow is present in morning and evening, and the yellow meant lower temperature was dominant in cloudy WB of higher 8000K temperature set in the camera in morning sunlight...Next this portrait I shot on AUTO WB and got good skin tones and a nice backlighting effect, which persists from Oct to Feb in India. May help many interested membersthnx Doc., Vimal, Aroon, Hansrajji, Ataz, Hellwrath, Sri, Mukund, Udayan, Shobin, Vikram, Mbhakt for your kind words.....
Doc...I feel u have got the answer in the posts above. In digital photography, with lots of features in the camera, many modes become a myth for the common men....For enthusiasts and Pro, where conditions differ, they read the light and do accordingly in camera in JPEG mode or in RAW and rest in pp....However, I agree with Hellwrath,Udayan and Vimal on their use of WB. 
--90 per cent users do have compacts and bridge cameras, they hardly feel understanding the utility of WB, except in Auto mode...Even the studio people do use Auto WB while usung electronic flashes, and flash light in marriages and other functions, including outdoors, becoz many of them do not know the use of WB...Yes the serious amateurs r interested to understand the need of changing WB...as I hv noticed in many forums....The next door friend do not bother and the WB remains set on Auto.
-Few yrs back, I cared to use with films, the light blue filter in the evening light and pink filter while in fluorescent....Rest even in Industrial photography, with halogens, I used two, three flashguns and the slight yellow is cut by the printer. ....another blog...www.photogroups.blogspot.com,www.photoblog.com/gop2211.

No comments:

Post a Comment